My lovely roommate Nick, making things happen with kale. It's just how he rolls.
Last night some neighborhood friends and I met for an impromptu soup making soiree. The final product was something special, something to be reckoned with. I'm mainly blogging about it as a method for jotting down everything that went into the amazing vegetable broth so that we can recreate it over and over again.
2 boxes Trader Joe's Vegetarian broth
1 Handful of chopped fresh dill (we also put the stems in)
1-2 bay leaves
2-3 carrots, chopped
2-3 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cubes of Goya Sazon
A few drops of liquid aminos
A splash of white wine (if ya have it open)
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
Half of the lemon rind
Nutritional yeast, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the onion, garlic, carrots until soft (but not too soft).
- Add in the broth, bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, continually taste with a spoon, and season accordingly.
- Fish out the lemon rind, bay leaf, and dill stems.
- Add in the matzoh balls, let them cook through until they are swollen and floating.
- Eat to your heart's content.