I feel like total garbage, day three and counting. But I will not let my complete feeling of crumminess deter me from being a fulfilled human with creative pursuits this weekend. I spent last night sleeping, sleeping, and more sleeping, which did the body good. I'm still on the mend, but hopefully by early next week, I will be back on the saddle.
- Tonight, I am going to see Theaster Gates in conversation with Valerie Piraino at the Jane Addams Hull-House Museum. You should too! RSVP and event info here.
- After the artist talk it's a toss up where we will eat. Ed's Posticker House in Bridgeport, somewhere in Greektown, noshing in the West Loop, or snacks in Logan Square. I should put a survey on here or something...
- Tomorrow I begin a self-appointed "internship" with a good friend and wonderful photographer, Herb Nolan. In my spare time, I will be cataloging / archiving his entire photography collection and dreaming up an exhibition with him and his lovely wife, Mary. More to come. Needless to say, I am very excited.
- True Detective finale. Watch this video for all theories of importance to me.
- Day's 3 and 4 of the great experiment I refer to as "Coconut Oil Pulling." Come at me weird trendy health/beauty fad.