Last night, I wanted pasta, but I wanted it quick and uncomplicated because for reals, it was a long overdue laundry night. I remember reading a quick and easy recipe for Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Anchovy Butter, and I thought, why not? This recipe was a no-brainer, took basically zero effort, and still tasted amazing. I had most of the ingredients in my kitchen already (yes I always have anchovies on hand), and in no more than 20 minutes, I was eating delicious pasta with mozzarella. Also, leftovers.
|I used rotini, but the type of pasta you use is up to you via Bon Appetit Magazine|
- ½ pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 pounds medium tomatoes, quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped tender herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, and/or chives)
- Cook spaghetti; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook anchovies and garlic, stirring often, until anchovies are broken down and garlic is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until falling apart, 8–10 minutes.
- Toss in pasta and reserved pasta cooking liquid; cook until sauce coats pasta, about 2 minutes. Toss in herbs.