31 December 2015
19 December 2015
No, this is not about the Jack Lemmon and Shirley Maclaine classic film. It's about misogyny and sharing space with women (Elaine Benes namely). This episode made me sooooo angry!
04 December 2015
|Me "hard at work"|
My procrastination tactics are kicking into high gear - I imagine that this is what it must be like to be a pregnant woman who is nesting. The end is near and yet, rather than focusing on the goal and the work that simply needs to be done, I'm scrubbing the base of my now sparkling toilet seat and going to the gym more than I have in the last 18 months. Somebody needs to sit me down and tell me, "Sandy, finish this paper."
In addition to my procrastinating, I have some really excellent motivators to help me through. Here they are, in no ranking order:
- Infinite Jest
- M. Train
- The Anarchist's Guide to House Museums
- Continuing to go to the gym.
- A trip to the SC Johnson building for an architectural tour (and it's free).
- Dinner with my grad school girls.
- A flurry of dates with friends I've been neglecting.
- Latkes. Lotsa latkes.
- A new semester of classes that I will embrace with open arms.
- Cake, lots and lots of cake with a new pal.
- An 8-day sojourn to southern sunny California.
- Face mist that is arriving in the mail very very soon (mist!!).
- The stack of reading I will divide and CONQUER for my Capstone project.
- The paintings I have started and plan on finishing.
- Spending a few days immersing myself in the Jane Addams Hull-House Museum.
- Sleep. Beautiful un-anxious uninterrupted sleep.
- Purging my belongings (after finishing the Kondo book, I am ready).
- Frying things in my new frying pan.
- Seinfeld vlog, yes, this is a thing I want to keep up.
- Applying for future jobs!
01 December 2015
|I just don't understand why George is downing this anti-acid medicine. There's literally no explanation for it.|
|Can someone please explain why Jerry has a framed black and white image of Ellis Island hanging above his desk?|